Sneha John is a UK-trained Psychologist with passion to help young people and their families.
Having done her undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the UK, Sneha’s experience in working with children, parents and young adults comes from her time at prominent national organisations such as Childline UK, Mind UK and the National Health Service in the UK. Over her ten years working in the field of child and adolescent mental health, Sneha has worked in a range of clinical settings such as schools, hospitals, trauma units, rehabilitation centers and community based vocational training centers. Her work has focussed on the developmental ages of 4 years through 25 years. Life is so full-on that sometimes there isn't any time to sort out the little problems, and before you know it, they've grown into giant problems. Through counselling, Sneha’s professional vision is to guide young people discover hidden strengths within themselves that would help them take on life with a new perspective.
Areas of Specialisation for Children:
- Attention related issues which include difficulties with focus, concentration, memory, motivation and consistent performance in academics/other activities.
- Giftedness in children.
- Defiance towards authority figures (parents, teachers).
- Anxiety (generalised anxiety, health anxiety, social anxiety and panic disorders).
- Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
- Eating disorders.
- Examination Anxiety, School refusal
- Identity issues
- Perfectionism- constant pressure to be top-scorers which leads to stress and burnout.
- Significant Life Transitions- parents’ divorce, death of a loved one, shifting from one school year to another, relocating to another country, changing schools, taking on a romantic relationship, graduating from school to University or from University to work.
- Parent Counselling.
Other areas of Interest:
- Providing psycho-educational assessments for children and adolescents on language, reading, achievement and intelligence.
- Providing psychometric assessments to identify giftedness in children.
- Therapy using the Cognitive Behavioural Approach, Mindfulness based Interventions, Emotion Focussed Therapy, Attachment-focussed therapy and Solution-focussed Therapy.
- Masters in Clinical Psychology with First Class from University of London, UK
- Bachelor of Psychology with Counselling, UK
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Trauma focussed Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- Attachment focussed therapy.
- Acceptance based Commitment Therapy.
- Dialectal Behaviour Therapy.
- Social skills training for ADHD.
Board Certifications or Equivalents:
- Community Development Authority, Dubai
- British Psychological Society, UK
- English, French, Malayalam and Basic Arabic.