Iva Vukusic, is a psychologist and psychotherapist with a rich experience working with clients of various age, cultural origins and psychological conditions.
To Iva, a psychotherapist serves as a facilitator of desired change, helping clients living up to their potential. She highly believes in the potential of strength-focused holistic approach and multidisciplinary care when dealing with mental health issues. She sees psychotherapy as a platform for learning and discovering one’s abilities, and an opportunity to extract solutions from one's own experience and finding creative unique ways of coping with difficulties.
She prefers brief solution-focused psychotherapy at all levels of human complexity by proven procedures through a step-by-step dialogue or indirect hypnotherapeutic approach. Utilisation of peoples’ resources, using any given channel of communication, hypnotic processes and creative techniques, is one of Iva's key approaches.
Iva is fascinated with the complexity of the human psyche; passionate about constant discovery, learning, challenging herself and fighting the prejudice about mental health issues.
Quoting Iva: “I have been through hours of diverse personal psychotherapy to learn about its efficacy. It is easy for me to relate to emotional pain. I am not easily shocked or disgust. As the Latin saying goes: ‘Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto”, which translates into “I’m human and nothing human is alien to me.’”
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Mood disorders.
- Anxiety disorders.
- Psychotic disorders.
- Stress-related and somatoform disorders.
- Conduct disorder.
- Substance and behavioral addictions.
- Psychotherapy Diploma, School of Cybernetics and Systems Therapy, University of Rijeka - Rijeka, Croatia.
- Master of Psychology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Rijeka - Rijeka, Croatia.
- Bachelor of Psychology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Rijeka - Rijeka, Croatia.
- Training of Trainers (ToT) Community-based mental healthcare, Croatian Institute of Public Health (Zagreb, Croatia), in partnership with The Trimbos Institute (Amsterdam, Netherlands).
- Externship in Emotionally focused couples’ therapy, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally-Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) - Rijeka, Croatia.
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2), Naklada Slap Center for Education and Research - Zagreb, Croatia.
- The Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI), Naklada slap Center for Education and Research - Zagreb, Croatia.
- Wartegg Drawing Test, Center for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) - Zagreb, Croatia.