Dr. Kirin Fiona Hilliar is an Australian psychologist experienced in Forensic, Clinical and Organisational Psychology.
Passionate about empowering and enabling clients to better understand and take control of their own lives, she delivers one-on-one and group treatment programs, as well as training courses, community outreach, and psycho-educational seminars and workshops.
Dr Hilliar has worked closely with hospitals, clinics, educational institutions and government entities. She has also contributed to various publications and made presentations on topics such as Suicide Prevention, Vicarious Trauma, Personality Disorders, and Assessing Violence Risk.
Dr. Kirin also works at Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus, as an Assistant Professor of Psychology.
- Individuals facing emotional and behavioural dysfunction due to genetic, biological, psychological, and social causes
- Individuals dealing with addictions of various types including substance misuse, alcoholism, excessive online gaming, sex or pornography
- Individuals seeking personal and professional development
- Couples who aim to improve their relationship through better communication, as well as by rebuilding trust, setting boundaries, and alleviating conflicts
Dr. Hilliar also provides:
- Assessments for recruitment and employee development
- Child protection assessments
- Offender assessment, rehabilitation and treatment
- Treatment efficacy evaluations
- Research design
- Cognitive assessments
- Therapeutic frameworks including CBT, DBT, RNR (risk, need and responsivity), The Good Lives Model, and Stages of Change
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from University of New South Wales, Australia
- Master of Psychology (Forensic), University of New South Wales, Australia
- Bachelor of Psychology with First Class Honours and University Medal from University of New South Wales, Australia
- British Psychological Society Level 1 & 2 Certification: Occupational Ability and Occupational Personality
Board Certifications or equivalent:
- Community Development Authority (CDA), Dubai
- Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Australian Psychological Society
- Association of Psychological Science, USA
- British Psychological Society