What is Speech Therapy?
Speech Language Pathologist deals with disorders in communication, evaluation, diagnosis and rehabilitation of speech and language disorders. Speech therapist integrates all aspects of speech and language development which includes receptive and expressive language, articulation and fluency.
Speech and Language Therapy:
The SLP interacts with a child by playing and talking, using pictures, books, objects, or ongoing events to stimulate language development. The therapist may interact with a child one-on-one, in a small group or directly in a classroom to overcome difficulties involved with a specific disorder. And also the SLP may model correct vocabulary and grammar and use repetition exercises to build language skills.
When a child’s speech does not sound clear even after 7 or 8 years of age, he is considered to be having Misarticulation. Misarticulation can be simply described as mispronunciation of particular sounds in isolation, syllable, phrase, sentence or conversation level. In order to come over this condition the child is recommended to undergo articulation therapy.
During the assessment, a detailed evaluation of child’s speech will be done using few standardized test materials and then his recorded speech sample will be analysed bit by bit by the SLP to determine the exact errors that the child exhibits while he speaks. Through the speech sample analysis the SLP will come to a conclusion whether the child is having articulatory errors alone or he is showing the signs of phonological processes.
Areas covered by SLP includes:
- Social skills
Speech Therapy services:
- Provide Assessment, Diagnosis and Management for children and adults.
- Rehabilitation of language delay in children and adults.
- Therapy of ADHD in children with language and speech loss.
- Stuttering therapy for children and adults.
- Rehabilitation of communication skills for pervasive developmental disorder and developmentally delayed children.
- Rehabilitation and restoration of major speech deficits in children and adults.
- Enhance social language communication skills.
- Auditory Verbal Therapy
- Articulation Therapy
Consult one of our Experts for every service.