The human mind is one of the most complex and fascinating structures in our brain. Often termed as the control-tower for all our thoughts, emotions and behaviour, the mind drives the rest of our body the way we feel, think and behave in situations. At LifeWorks, we provide a range of psychological assessments to understand the core issues governing your mental well-being.
Clinical Assessments for Children and Adults
Complete range of clinical assessments are conducted at LifeWorks for children and adults. The identification of Developmental Delay, Speech Difficulty, Behavioral Challenge, ADHD or Autism in Children.
Personality and Couples assessments for identification of any specific requirement as per below:
Intelligence Assessment for Children (WISC-V)
Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children. This test is widely used to assess the general level of ability of children aged between 6 and 16 years. The assessment derives an overall Full IQ score which gives an indication of a child’s overall intellectual ability. This is then broken down into five distinct areas: Verbal Comprehension, Visual Spatial, Fluid Reasoning, Working Memory and Processing.
Our intelligence assessment helps identify strengths and weaknesses within a child’s academic achievement levels. It offers realistic expectations for a child’s performance. It takes 90 minutes to complete.
Wechsler Individual Achievement Tests. This test is used to measure the child’s academic performance which includes reading, language and numerical attainment.
The is suitable for use in a variety of educational, clinical and research settings. Clinicians can use WIAT®-III UK results to:
1) Identify the academic strengths and weaknesses of a student
2) Inform decisions regarding eligibility for educational services, educational placement, or diagnosis of a specific learning difficulty
3) Plan intervention
4) Measure progress
Test of Everyday Attention for Children – Second Edition, measures separable aspects of attention. This test is used as an additional test only. It is used only if required.
The TEA-Ch2 is particularly useful with children who have known or suspected problems with attention. The broad range of tests and factor structure allows the clinician to determine different patterns of strengths and weaknesses in attentional aspects of cognition. Clinicians can use test profiles to better inform interventions and monitor outcomes.
Additional Assessment tools
- Expressive Vocabulary Test (EVT). This is a measure of expressive vocabulary and word retrieval.
- Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test (PPVT). This is a measure of receptive vocabulary and word retrieval.
- Conner’s Behaviour Rating Scale. This questionnaire is designed to provide a complete overview of child concerns and disorders. It is a multi-informant assessment of children across multiple settings, with rating forms for parents and teachers.
- CEFI. The Comprehensive Executive Function Inventory Parent Form is used to quantify a parent’s observations of a youth’s executive functioning behaviors.
- The additional assessment tools may vary depends on the child’s needs.
Autism Assessment for Children and Adults (ADOS)
This assessment is done for clients in the age range of 0-90 years. It is a special tool used to diagnose autism and is the only that gives an accurate diagnosis. It is used as an early intervention tool and, also to monitor progress during treatment for autism. It takes 60 minutes to complete
Personality Assessment for Adults (MCMI-III)
Our personality assessment helps clients aged 18 and above, identify unhelpful attitudes, beliefs and values that they hold towards themselves and others. Identifying unhelpful areas within their personality may also help reduce stress, anxiety and low mood.
Consult one of our Experts for every service.
Corina has her master’s degree in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and has been working in the Mental Health field since 2007. She believes that therapy is a collaborative process and she kindly guides clients to increase self-awareness, gain new perspectives, decrease symptoms, and increase personal strengths to have a more meaningful life experience.
Throughout her career, Corina has worked with adults, adolescents, and children, across various settings, including private practice and outpatient primary care clinics, in Romania, Spain and UAE. She has been working as a psychologist in the Emirates since 2017, in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Her last position was in a children’s medical center, where she had helped families overcome various challenges, such as anxiety, depression, challenging behaviors and OCD, to name a few.
Corina has extensive experience in applying various empirically-supported Cognitive Behavioral Therapies (CBT), including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), Solution Focused Brief therapy (SFBT), Trauma Focused CBT (TF-CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI).
In her clinical practice, Corina delivers evidence-based treatments to individuals facing a wide range of emotional, behavioral and adjustment problems, such as:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Anger and Stress Management
- Behavioral Challenges
- Self-Harm Behavior
- Grief and Loss
- Obsessive- Compulsive Disorder
- Family and Relationship Challenges
- Low Self Esteem
- Suicide prevention
Corina uses a warm, empathetic approach to create a safe and nonjudgmental space where clients can learn, grow, and achieve their goals. She makes sure to offer flexibility, meet the individuals where they are, and have patience to help each individual feel secure throughout the process. She always encourages open communication regarding the course of therapy and goal achievement.
- Master Degree in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Bucharest, Romania
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Bucharest, Romania
- Community Development Authority License (CDA), Dubai, UAE
- Romanian College of Psychologists, Bucharest, Romania
English, Romanian, Spanish
Nashwa Tantawy is a Psychologist with a wide experience in helping adolescents, adults, and couples with a diversity of life challenges and disorders. Nashwa is a Master’s degree holder in Counseling Psychology from The American University in Cairo. She is a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Middle East Psychological Association (MEPA).
Nashwa gained her experience as a psychologist offering psychotherapy for over 150 diverse nationalities and different age brackets in Egypt and UAE, including the American University in Dubai (AUD), the Carbone Clinic Dubai, the American University in Cairo (AUC), along with several settings in Egypt including private clinics, schools, and orphanages; besides offering online therapy. Nashwa’s key focus and competence are on life transitions, relationship challenges, parental difficulties, experiences of depression, anxiety and stress, loss and bereavement, and trauma.
Worth mentioning that along with her therapeutic expertise, Nashwa had a long experience and success in the corporate world; which enables her to support in liberating clients from workplace psychological challenges.
Areas of Specialization
Individual Therapy to adults
Individual Therapy to Teenagers (15+)
Difficulties and disorders:
- Stress, anxiety, panic attacks and phobias
- Depression, bipolar
- Eating disorders
- Social withdrawal, isolation
- Work-related difficulties
Adjustment & Transitional Difficulties
- Adjustment to life-changing events
- Relationships, couples and family difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Trauma, violence, and abuse
- Parental difficulties
- Adolescent crisis
- Separation and divorce
- Transition into motherhood and fatherhood, attachment difficulties
Other Areas of Interest:
Following her passion to spread mental health awareness, Nashwa has established NAFSOLOGY BY NASHWA TANTAWY virtual wellness experience over social media channels with over 25,000 followers targeting to fight stigma and providing psychological scientific information to the Arab World. Her awareness campaigns are in simple Arabic language and built on scientific knowledge with cultural and ethical considerations using multiple channels including videos, social media posts, and live workshops.
Every person is unique; accordingly, to offer the most effective support, she is adopting an integrative therapeutic approach of Humanistic, Client-Centered, and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy; besides, therapeutic techniques from Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and using Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
Education and Training:
- A. in Counseling Psychology from The American University in Cairo.
- Beck Institute certification in CBT for Depression.
- Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Community Development Authority Licensed Psychologist (CDA) – Dubai.
- American Psychological Association membership.
- Middle East Psychological Association membership.
“I believe that strong mental health is an invincible weapon. Opportunities are unlimited, challenges are unavoidable; we can better enjoy and create our growth in the middle of hard times only when we are equipped with strong mental health. I believe in the right for everyone in the Arab World to receive high quality, non-judgmental and ethical mental and emotional support, and I’m trying to be an active contributor for that.”
Ms. Jyotika Aggarwal is a clinical psychologist with extensive training from premier mental health institutions across India and the USA. In her seven years’ experience as an emotional health practitioner, she has helped clients of varied age groups to address a broad spectrum of concerns.
Ms. Aggarwal is empathetic and sensitive to her clients’ inner turmoils, and strongly believes that everyone deserves to lead the best life they can. She specializes in assessing clients, and providing integrated therapies to suit their individual healing requirements.
- Individuals dealing with chronic stress and other emotional issues that result from stressful day-to-day lives.
- Individuals aiming to enhance their personal, social and professional lives.
- Adolescents and young children who feel misunderstood by their peers, family, teachers, and others in social settings, and are facing difficulties in managing their emotions.
- Children and adolescents with conditions such as ADHD, learning difficulties, or physical challenges.
- Individuals with issues such as low-self esteem, negative body image and other personal insecurities that hamper their day-to-day functioning and emotional wellbeing.
- Families/individuals seeking a more balanced, open and communicative parent-child relationship.
- Couples and families who aim to improve their relationship through better communication, as well as by rebuilding trust, setting boundaries, and alleviating conflicts and divergences.
Education & Certification:
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Mumbai – India
- Specialisation in RE-CBT from Albert Ellis Institute, New York (Indian Affiliation)
- Certification in REBT (Anxiety and Depression with Children) – Albert Ellis Institute, New York (Indian Affiliation)
- Diploma in Human Recourses from Welingkar Institute of Management (India)
- Mindfulness based CBT, Beck Institute, Philadelphia, USA
- Bombay Psychological Association
- English, Marathi and Hindi
Sailaja is a Counseling Psychologist, with over 25 years of clinical experience in the field of Mental Health, Counseling, training, teaching and supervision. She graduated as the first Psychologist Specializing in Multicultural Counseling from the World Renowned and Prestigious Johns Hopkins University in the United States and following on served as a Faculty Associate in the Graduate School of Counseling for 7 years. Sailaja is an American of Indian-origin, born in Malaysia and spent her childhood there before moving to India where she spent most of her formative years. Sailaja has lived and worked in Public and Private settings as a Psychologist in the US, India, UAE, Singapore and Malaysia.
In Dubai, Sailaja has served as a Counseling Psychologist for over 10 years. She has served as a Psychologist in Dubai Health Care City and in a reputed Clinic in Jumeira, In these positions, she provided Individual and Couple therapy on various mental health and life issues to a diverse range of multicultural clients. Sailaja has worked as a referral provider for several corporates and work place institutions in the UAE for their EAP programs. In addition, due to her passion to serve the under privileged, she continues to provide therapeutic services to Indian citizens who cannot afford psychological services under the Crisis Prevention Program (CPP)that she helped to establish under the patronage of the Indian Consulate, Dubai (a first time initiative in the history of Indian missions across the world) for the past ten years. Concurrently, she also offers counseling services at the Indian Workers Resource Centre (IWRC), a Government of India, Ministry of External affairs initiative.
I am a firm believer that in therapy what a client requires is not necessarily a brilliant mind that speaks but a patient heart that listens. This principle navigates my sessions on the foundations of compassion, empathy, commitment, mindfulness and sensitivity that provides my clients the confidence and permission to explore their self, overcome hurdles and learn ways to become self-sufficient and achieve their full potential .
In Singapore, Sailaja served as a Counseling Psychologist in a very well reputed Psychological Clinic in Orchard Road. She provided individual, couple and family therapy to a very diverse range of multicultural clients. During her time in Singapore, she also served as a Faculty Associate in the Department of Counseling at James Cook University, Singapore.
In the United States, Sailaja served as the Program Manager for Refugee Mental Health Program and successfully closed several National/State level projects on community mental health and Refugee mental health. She has a special expertise in the area of Refugee Mental Health and have conducted several training / workshops for mental health and refugee service providers across the United States. Sailaja has contributed to publications on Refugee mental health and a cross cultural health care booklet for health care providers working with Refugee and immigrant communities. Over the 10 years she worked in the USA, Sailaja also served as a bilingual therapist on a diverse range of mental health issues related to adult, family and youth. She also served as the Director of Graduate Internship Field Training (GIFT) program at the reputed Center for Multicultural Human Services (CMHS) in the Washington Metropolitan area, USA. In this role, she provided program management, training, supervision and served as the liaison with University internship programs for Psychology, Counseling,Social work and Public Health.
Concurrently, due to her deep interest in teaching and research, she served as faculty at Johns Hopkins University in the Department of Counseling where she taught a graduate level class on “Cross Cultural Counseling:- Issues and interventions”, a mandated course for licensure for over 7 consecutive years for the School Counseling, Applied Behavioral Counseling and Organizational Counseling track.
Sailaja’s counseling approach
In her clinical capacity, Sailaja strongly emphasizes the importance of incorporating a holistic model of services which takes into consideration the mental/emotional, physical/biological, social, community and the spiritual aspects of the client to ensure well-being and self-sufficiency.
Her theoretical orientation is primarily client centered; however, however she is eclectic in her approach and often integrate other models of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Compassion based therapy, Mindfulness based therapy,Emotion focused therapy, Acceptance and Commitment therapy.
Sailaja works primarily with couples, individuals and families on a broad range of mental health issues.
With Couples, Sailaja has worked extensively on issues related to- relationship issues, breakdown in communication, trust and confidence, loneliness and sadness, inability to adjust to a marital life ,conflicts with extended families, infidelity, addictions, anger management and abuse.
With Individuals, Sailaja has worked extensively on depression, anxiety, personality issues, anger management, stress management, and issues related to adjustment and acculturation in new surroundings, relationship issues and management, workplace conflicts,loss of identity and grief and loss.
With Families, Sailaja has worked extensively on issues related to intergenerational issues, parenting, conflict management, grief and loss, stress management, abusive and dysfunctional family functioning.
Sailaja believes in nurturing and modeling a safe and empowering environment which can aid a client to clarify problems, set goals and objectives, implement teachings and learning’s from counseling and achieve self-sufficiency. She strongly advocates psycho education and solution focused approaches in her sessions and is very proactive with the mantra ” Help my client to help themselves.” Additionally, due to her advanced training in multicultural counseling she constantly adapt her techniques to best suit the client’s cultural background, ethnic identity, level of acculturation and his /her unique life experiences and situations.
Sailaja have been regularly invited for interviews as an expert in media , TV and radio and has published numerous articles on mental health topics in international magazines,publications and media
Some of Sailaja’s key Therapeutic approaches
- Couple’s/ Marital therapy
- Client Centered therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT)
- Solution focused therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy(CBT)
- Supportive therapy
- Mindfulness and compassion based therapy
- Critical incident Stress Debriefing
- Family therapy
- Psycho-Educational therapy
Some of Sailaja’s specialized Counseling Services are
- Mood disorder (e.g. Depression)
- Adjustment Issues
- Personality issues
- Marital /relationship issues
- Acculturation / Assimilation issues
- Intergenerational conflicts
- Psycho education
- Family conflicts
- Issues of transition in youth
- Corporate/employee assistance
- Academic challenges and behavioral issues in youth
- Cross Cultural Training
- Emergenetics testing and assessment
Sailaja’s Educational Qualifications
- Post Masters(CAGS- Multicultural Counseling), Johns Hopkins University, USA
- MS (Psychology), Radford University, USA
- BA (Psychology), Presidency College, University of Madras, Chennai, India
- Certified Emergenetics Associate, Singapore
Sailaja’s Professional Memberships
- American Counselling Association (ACA),
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Multicultural Counselling and Development (AMCD)
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counseling (IAMFC)
Sailaja’s speak fluent English, Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi.
Iva Vukusic, is a psychologist and psychotherapist with a rich experience working with clients of various age, cultural origins and psychological conditions.
To Iva, a psychotherapist serves as a facilitator of desired change, helping clients living up to their potential. She highly believes in the potential of strength-focused holistic approach and multidisciplinary care when dealing with mental health issues. She sees psychotherapy as a platform for learning and discovering one’s abilities, and an opportunity to extract solutions from one’s own experience and finding creative unique ways of coping with difficulties.
She prefers brief solution-focused psychotherapy at all levels of human complexity by proven procedures through a step-by-step dialogue or indirect hypnotherapeutic approach. Utilisation of peoples’ resources, using any given channel of communication, hypnotic processes and creative techniques, is one of Iva’s key approaches.
Iva is fascinated with the complexity of the human psyche; passionate about constant discovery, learning, challenging herself and fighting the prejudice about mental health issues.
Quoting Iva: “I have been through hours of diverse personal psychotherapy to learn about its efficacy. It is easy for me to relate to emotional pain. I am not easily shocked or disgust. As the Latin saying goes: ‘Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto”, which translates into “I’m human and nothing human is alien to me.’”
- Individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Mood disorders.
- Anxiety disorders.
- Psychotic disorders.
- Stress-related and somatoform disorders.
- Conduct disorder.
- Substance and behavioral addictions.
- Psychotherapy Diploma, School of Cybernetics and Systems Therapy, University of Rijeka – Rijeka, Croatia.
- Master of Psychology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Rijeka – Rijeka, Croatia.
- Bachelor of Psychology, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Rijeka – Rijeka, Croatia.
- Training of Trainers (ToT) Community-based mental healthcare, Croatian Institute of Public Health (Zagreb, Croatia), in partnership with The Trimbos Institute (Amsterdam, Netherlands).
- Externship in Emotionally focused couples’ therapy, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally-Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) – Rijeka, Croatia.
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2), Naklada Slap Center for Education and Research – Zagreb, Croatia.
- The Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI), Naklada slap Center for Education and Research – Zagreb, Croatia.
- Wartegg Drawing Test, Center for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – Zagreb, Croatia.
- English, Croatian and German
Dr.Marwa Abd El Hamid is a certified and trained psychologist with over 16 years of experience working in different countries in a variety of settings. She Specializes in Clinical and Educational Psychology. She has been associated with large hospitals, schools and corporate clients in UAE, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt in conducting sessions on various mental health issues including stress management, parenting and child development, and mindfulness for holistic wellbeing.
As a professional psychologist, she is continually inspired by people’s ability especially she believes deeply that the people themselves are the real experts in their own lives.
Her therapeutic approach
Cognitive behavioral therapy, Dialectic behavior therapy, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Solution Focused on compassion based therapy, Gestalt Therapy, Psychoanalysis, Existential therapy as well as Psychodrama and group therapy based on the needs of the client.
Areas of Specialization for Children
- Kids & Special needs (play therapy).
- Dealing with Autism – Asperger – Down syndrome using (PECS –TEACCH –HELP –LOVAAS-INTEGRATION-PORTAGE).
- Skills development.
- Childhood Emotional disorders.
- Behavioral Problems.
- Attention difficulties.
- Developmental learning difficulties.
- Cognitive difficulties.
- Difficulties of remembering.
- Difficulties in conceptual formation.
- Difficulty solving problems.
- Adjustments to life transitions like adoption, bereavement, divorce, relocation.
- Mood disorders like depression, and Bipolar disorders.
- Low self-esteem.
- Body image issues.
- Anxiety disorders like phobias, panic, OCD and PTSD.
- Pre-marital counseling and couples counseling.
- Family Conflict Therapy.
- Anger and stress.
- Career decisions and work-life balance.
- Mindfulness for the holistic wellbeing.
- She has also worked with Kids with special needs.
- Ph.D. in psychology Ain-Shams University.
- Master in Educational Psychology Ain-Shams University.
- Special diploma in Mental Health Alexandria University.
- Professional diploma in Special Education Alexandria University.
- Educational Diploma in Education at Alexandria University.
Board Certifications or equivalent
- Community Development Authority (CDA), Dubai.
Dr.Sravani Behara, is Specialist Psychiatrist and Medical Director at LifeWorks Holistic Counselling Centre. She is experienced in managing mental health conditions across all age groups in both OP, IP settings using various pharmacological and psychological approaches.
She has also worked as an Asst. Professor in a 650 bedded tertiary care teaching hospital (Nimra Institute of Medical Sciences, India) for more than three years and one year in a Government Medical College (Siddhartha Medical college, India). He has extensive experience in handling child guidance, geriatric, de-addiction, general adult clinics.
Areas of expertise include:
- Anxiety disorders (Generalised anxiety, panic disorder)
- Phobias (social and specific phobias)
- Obsessive and compulsive disorders
- Puerperal disorders (postpartum blues, postpartum depression)
- Affective disorders (depression, BPAD, mania)
- Psychosis (schizophrenia and acute psychotic conditions)
- Stress related disorders(PTSD)
- Substance abuse disorders (alcohol, tobacco, cannabis)
- Eating disorders (anorexia and bulimia nervosa)
- Personality disorders (schizoid, borderline)
- Child psychiatry (ADHD, Autistic spectrum and bedwetting)
- Conversion disorders
Qualifications & Memberships
- MBBS, MD (Psychiatry)
- DHA licensed
- Who is a psychiatrist? Psychiatry is the branch of medicine that is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders. A psychiatrist is a physician who specializes in mental health, including substance and other addictions.
- When should I see a psychiatrist? You should see a psychiatrist suffering from:
– Finding it hard to cope with the death of a loved one.
– Tension and anxiety and depression
– Phobias and Worthlessness
– Family and Relationship Problems
– Performance enhancement and Lack of concentration
– Chronic sadness and Guilt
– Irritability and Fatigue
- What are the major diseases that psychiatrists treat?
Psychiatrist treat disorders like anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, obsessive-compulsive and related disorders, trauma- and stressor-related disorder, sexual dysfunctions and gender dysphoria, substance-related and addictive disorders, and schizophrenia.
- Difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?
Psychologists focus on psychotherapy and treating emotional and mental suffering with behavioral intervention. Psychologists are also qualified to conduct psychological testing but in most cases, cannot prescribe medications to their patients.
- What happens in your first appointment with a psychiatrist?
The first appointment with a psychiatrist is usually one hour long. During your meeting, your psychiatrist listens to you talk about your concerns and symptoms, asks questions about your general health, asks about your family history, takes your blood pressure and do a basic physical check-up and might asks you to fill out a questionnaire.
Cintia comes with over 12 years of experience in the field of Psychology under various capacities educational and clinical sectors in Dubai and Spain. She has been working in Dubai for the past 5 years as a clinical psychologist, during the last 3 years and a half, her work has been focused within the childhood and adolescence stages.
Prior to moving to Dubai, Cintia worked as a clinical and educational psychologist in Spain in different schools, clinics and organizations, and in Dubai at Dubai Herbal & Treatment Center and KidsFIRST Medical Center.
She does educational assessments, school observations, doing counselling sessions within a school in Dubai and providing support to other schools. She can support children with learning, behavioral or/and emotional difficulties too, this also includes issues surrounding relationships between parents and children.
She also sees adults and has experience in other life span stages in individual emotional difficulties such as depression, anxiety, anger management, stress, perfectionism and in couple/marriage and family counseling.
Some of Cintia’s specialized skills are:
- Assessing, formulating and diagnosing a children’s needs, abilities or behavior using a variety of methods, including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behavior for children
- Administering, scoring and interpreting standardized measures, and writing comprehensive psychological and psycho-educational assessment reports.
- Providing direct therapy based on the individual needs of clients.
- Leading group therapy for clients of different age groups and levels of functioning.
- Working with schools to provide recommendations to parents and school administrators regarding the children’s needs based on results from assessments.
- Providing consultation to other professions, encouraging psychological ways of working.
Some of Cintia’s specialized services are:
- Children and teenagers
- Early intervention in emotional and behavioural difficulties (0 to 6 years old)
- Psycho-educational assessment/ Psychological assessment
- Uncontrolled night urination
- Gifted and Talented
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
- Down syndrome
- Intellectual Disability
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (Social and Communication Intervention)
- Learning difficulties
- Self-esteem and self-concept difficulties
- Friendship difficulties
- Family relationships
- Anger management
- Stress management
- Couple/marriage and family counseling
- OCD – Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Body image issues
- Panic attacks
- Master’s Degree in Psychological Intervention in Clinical and Social Fields (Spain)
- Master’s Degree in Intervention in Psychological Disorders in Childhood and Adolescence (Spain)
- Degree in Psychology (Spain)
Board Certifications or Equivalents:
- Dubai Heath Authority License (DHA), Dubai
- Spanish Psychologist Society (Colegio Oficial de Psicologos Andalucia Oriental)
Languages : English and Spanish
Dr. Bassem Hamed Mohamed Badr is an Egyptian Consultant Psychiatrist and Fellow of American Psychiatric Association, with 25 years of experience. He graduated from Alexandria University in 1993 with MBBch in Medicine, he then went to on to complete further education with a Diploma of Psychiatry and Addiction Practice, Master of Science in Neuropsychiatry, Diploma in Mental Health, Diploma in Hospital Administration and then ultimately received his Medical Doctorate in Psychiatry in 2008 at the University of Suez Canal in Egypt. He is also licensed as Aeromedical examiner: GCAA, General Civil Aviation Authority
Dr Bassem Badr provides comprehensive care for patients of all ages. He believes that the best outcomes are achieved through a combination of professional excellence and an empathic approach. As an expert in the field of general and adult psychiatry, he adopts an approach that is based on a combination of the psyche, the soma, and the spirit through both scientific and philosophical overviews.
Not only has Dr. Bassem worked in Senior Roles in Hospitals in Dubai, Kuwait, and Egypt but he has also been a Lecturer and Professor at several Educational Institutes, a peer to peer speaker and a coordinator for various addiction treatment programs. He has contributed to scientific research in a number of medical journals. He is also a talented writer in the field of social and psychological problems and has had many publications in reputable newspapers and magazines.
Areas of Specialization
- Adjustment disorders
- Sleeping and eating disorders
- Panic attacks and anxiety disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Personality disorders
- Substance use and drug addiction
- Marital and sexual disorders
- Manic depressive disorder
- Cognitive disorders
- Memory disturbance
- Bipolar diseases