We ensure confidentiality to clients by working in line with confidentiality policies established by the Dubai Health Authority. All personal health related information of clients is kept highly secure.
Clients who provide personal information will not be put under compulsion or coercion. It is out of their own free will.
While availing our services, clients would be asked to provide personal identifiable information about themselves such as their Emirates ID, name, phone number, contact details, gender, occupation and email address. LifeWorks also stores information clients have given to us in the form of screening assessments in client records.
Personal information is used to:
- Reach potential clients who have expressed interests in our services
- Resolve billing concerns or insurance inquiries via phone/email
- Remind clients of their upcoming appointments
- Provide clients with information about new services and newsletters
- Materials revealed in counselling will remain strictly confidential except when:
- The client signs a written release of information indicating informed consent of such release
- The client expresses intent to harm him/herself of someone else
- There is a reasonable suspicion of abuse/neglect against a minor child, elderly person (60 or older) or a dependent adult.
Third Party Disclosure
LifeWorks does not disclose any client-related information to third party sources unless the client signs a written release of information indicating informed consent of such release.
All personal information including information shared by online chat forms on our website or appointment booking forms are securely stored in our systems. They will not be mishandled or shared with third party vendors.
Persons Below the Age of 18
Clients who below the age of 18 should be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian in order to avail our services.