Alcohol help in Dubai
Do you have problems with alcohol in Dubai?
Often people will turn to alcohol because of stress or a lack of knowledge about ways to manage difficult or painful emotions. With alcohol, frequent use can cause a physical dependence that needs to be assessed to be treated.
As alcohol is frequently used socially in Dubai, it can be hard to tell if your use is a problem. Often we are surrounded by people drinking the same amount, and as frequently as us. It may be that you have always used alcohol and never thought of it as causing you problems. You may have family members who regularly and frequently use alcohol and see this is common or normal. Sometimes it is we ourselves who struggle to determine whether our alcohol consumption is ok or out of control.
If you are unsure if your alcohol use is a problem, the following questions may help:
Is my drinking a habit? YES, if you drink regularly to:
- Relax, relieve anxiety or go to sleep
- Be more comfortable in social situations
- Avoid thinking about sad or unpleasant things
- Socialise with other regular drinkers
Is my drinking a problem? YES, if you:
- Can’t stop drinking once you start
- Have tried to stop drinking for a week or so but only quit for a few days
- Fail to do what you should at work or at home because of drinking
- Feel guilty after drinking
- Find other people make comments to you about your drinking
- Have a drink in the morning to get yourself going after drinking heavily the night before
- Can’t remember what happened while you were drinking
- Have hurt yourself or someone else as a result of your drinking
If you have any concerns about your alcohol use it helps to talk to a professional trained in this area. They can help you decide if your use is a problem, and make some practical plans to start changing your usage so you feel more in control.
If you are ready to confront these issues then you are open to bringing about change in your life. The first step is to take that first step. There is help for you along the way.